Thursday 28 June 2018

Year One celebrate Healthy Eating Week!

Feeling Fruity!


Year One were very excited for Healthy Eating Week. Throughout the week they were able to try different fruits and vegetables and also partake in a range of fitness activities.

On day one, they children were given peppers to try. We first had a discussion about the colours and whether the children thought they would all taste the same. At first not everyone wanted to try it as they said they knew they didn't like it. However, after a bit of encouragement 100% of the children tried the peppers! Some children who said that they didn't like it actually changed their minds and were excited to go home and tell their parent that they now liked red peppers!




I loved the peppers. I didn't want to try them at first but I was brave and now I love them!' Courtney


The children were so inspired that they decided to grow their own tomatoes and cress. They researched on line what they needed to do to help the plants grow strong. They read that placing egg shells on the soil would prevent slugs from eating the plants. The children used their resourcefulness skills and collect shells from the trail. Only time will tell if this will do the job!




'I absolutely love growing vegetables. I actually grown them at home so I can help other people and show them what to do!' Ifi

No comments:

Post a Comment