Monday 4 June 2018

Year 2 Learning Challenge

Please see below, our final Learning Challenge of the Year. As always, we look forward to receiving and celebrating the variety of fabulous work completed by the children.  
 
 

Significant Person: Prince William, Duke of Cambridge. 

 

Poem: ‘Share not’ by Ilene Bauer. 

When I go out to dinner,
I do not want to share.
I don’t care what is on your plate;
I don’t want to compare.
I scan the menu up and down
And then make my selection.
When it arrives, it’s meant for me
And not for your inspection.
 
“You want to taste my fish?” I’m asked.
Some people never learn;
For then the expectation is
To taste mine in return.
 
And so the answer’s always No!
Yet comments never cease.
“Your fries look really good!” They are,
So let me eat in peace!
Each morsel on my dish is mine
And I intend to finish.
Perhaps my attitude will make
Your thoughts of me diminish.
 
I’m sorry if that is the case –
Dessert I’ll split just fine;
But when the meal’s delivered –
You eat yours and I’ll eat mine!

Artist: Andy Warhol’s 1985 portrait of Queen Elizabeth.

 
 
Painting
Person
Poem
 
Basic
 
Draw your own portrait in a similar style.
 
 
Draw a portrait of the person.
 
Copy the poem in your neatest handwriting.
 
Advanced
 
Find out 5 facts about the painting/artist.
 
Find out 10 facts about the person and their achievements.
 
Create your own acrostic poem with ‘dinner’ as your vertical word.
 
 
Deep
 
Write a biography about the Artist or the Queen.
Compare the lives of Prince William and William the Conqueror. Focus on similarities and differences between their lives as a Royal.
 
Make up your own song about food.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment