Tuesday 26 June 2018

Good vibes only in Y2!


Last week the children were learning lots about healthy foods and eating. The children tried a variety of new fruits and vegetables and explored different ways to stay fit and healthy- playing sports, learning dances and generally keeping their bodies active. We also looked at the importance of our brains and mind. We talked about things we can do to keep ourselves happy, content and calm. The children were given the opportunity to have outdoor stories, learn new dances, discover mindfulness, try meditation and breathing exercises and learn a few yoga moves! We had a wonderful week, filled with new experiences and a grand finale of the healthy breakfast on Friday!


'I enjoyed learning the hip-hop dance' Aaliyah
'I liked trying the new foods- persimmon, olives and blueberries!' Freddie L
'We love doing the mindfulness colouring. I like that we take our time and listen to nice music. I want to do more of it!' Maisie
'We really enjoyed the yoga- we did it outdoors in the sun!' Grace



'I loved my healthy breakfast- I tried the granola and yoghurt, the brown bread and the juice' George
'I liked trying new fruits' Nela
'We had a healthy party and I learned alot about our food. I liked trying the new milks- soya and almond!' Charlie
'I learned the food groups and where our food comes from' Maddison






No comments:

Post a Comment