Saturday 17 December 2022

16.12.2022 - Wonderful Learning in Year 2

 




It was a short week but still it was a wonderful week full of great learning and fun. Here are some of the highlights of our week! 


Literacy & RE


In Literacy this week, the children have written a letter to Santa. They have explained to Santa how they have been good this year by including appropriate reasons. The children have also included a wish list for Christmas in their letters. Along with this, in RE, the children have learnt about the Christmas story, The Nativity. They completed a story map and re-told the story of the Nativity. 


Here are a few examples of the sentences that some of the children in yr 2 have written. 


“I have been a wonderful boy this year because I have been kind and helpful to others.” - Ryan, Pine. 

“I have been a polite girl this year because I have helped others in and outside of the classroom.”- Chloe, Rowan. 

“I have been a good boy because I helped my mum put up the Christmas tree.”- Joseph, Mulberry. 



Construction


During our choice activities, some children explored the construction area and created some imaginative, creative buildings. It was really fascinating to see children's minds grow as they explored how to make strong, tall or functional buildings.



Well Done Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment