Monday 26 February 2018

Year One use the firepit

Year One visit the Firepit!

In history, we have been focusing on what Life was like in the Tudor Times, especially how their home life was in contrast to our homes now. One of the aspects the children found most fascinating was the fact that there was no electricity and all cooking had to be done on an open fire.

To give the children just a small sense of what this would have been like, we went to the firepit and with an adult modelling, the children learnt how to start a fire!




They then cooked a few items over the fire. First they toasted bread, as bread was a big part of the Tudor diet. Then the toasted a marshmallow each, a clear contrast to what was available in the Tudor times!





'I loved cooking on the fire! It was so exciting. I ate all my bread and marshmallows'- Madalina, Rowan

'I was a bit frightened at first but I listened carefully so I knew how to keep safe. I really enjoyed it'- Ife, Mulberry 

No comments:

Post a Comment