Thursday 14 November 2019

Stay and Learn Reading Afternoon

Image result for reading

Stay and Learn Reading Afternoon in Year One 


Thank you to all of the parents and Carers who were able to join us for the reading afternoon. We hope you found the phonics session useful and enjoyed reading with your child in their learning environment. 


The children loved having you in and enjoyed their special story time in the classroom. 

'I like the parents coming in to read us stories. It was really busy but I liked it.' George
'I read the book about the aliens. There were books everywhere!' Rosie
My nanny came in and she read to me and my cousin!' Niamh


The children are currently learning their sounds through a program called Read, Write, Inc. Below is a link to the sounds they children are learning and should know and be able to apply by the end of Year One.

https://brizeprimary.org//documents/phonics_sounds_set_1__2_and_3-2.pdf

If you have any questions regarding reading, please feel free to speak to a member of our Year One team after school.

We look forward to seeing you at our next Stay and Learn session in the spring term.


The Year One Team




No comments:

Post a Comment