Friday 3 November 2017

Pumpkin Power in Year One


Pumpkin Power in Year One


The children celebrated Autumn with a creative pumpkin carving activity. The activity focused on developing communication skills and  fine motor skills.

Fine motor skills are essential for performing everyday skills as well academic skills. Without the ability to complete these every day tasks, a child’s self esteem can suffer, their academic performance is compromised and their play options are very limited. Using child friendly pumpkin carving tools, the children designed and created their own pumpkins. They varied from friendly faces and gruesome grins with evil eyes.  





Hannah- "I really liked doing this one. The were different colours but I wanted the darker one as it was unusual."

Aleena- "It was quite tricky to get the top off but inside it was all gooy!"


Adrian- "Mine is scary because it has sharp teeth!"

Jessica-"I love pumpkin carving! I've never done it before."


Indianna-"I am going to use a pen or I won't be able to do the thing that I want to do on the front."




No comments:

Post a Comment