Tuesday 8 September 2015

Year 1 Learning Challenge: Autumn 1


Significant Person: Neil Armstrong



 

Poem: If I were a superhero by Sally Gray


If I Were a Superhero

If I were a superhero

I’d definitely fly

Arms outstretched, racing birds in the sky.

If I were a superhero

I’d have special powers

Like extra strong legs for jumping across towers

If I were a superhero I’d save all the oceans

With my secret and magical clearing up potions

If I were a superhero

I’d save all the trees

And the mountains and rivers, the birds and the bees

If I were a superhero,

I’d help all the poor

Give them food and make them hungry no more

If I were a superhero,

I’m sure you’ll agree

The world would be better because of me!

 

Painting: Pointillism- Georges-Pierre Seurat ‘Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte’

seurat painting

 

 

 

 
Poem
 
Painting
Person
Basic
 
 
Read the poem aloud with expression
Draw a picture in similar style
Draw a portrait of the person.
Advanced
Make up your own actions to the poem
Find out 5 facts about Pointillism.
Find out 5 facts about this person
Deep
Learn the poem by heart
Create a superhero picture in this style
Can you discover facts about other famous heroes?

No comments:

Post a Comment