Friday 14 June 2019

Health Week in Year 2!

Health Week in Year 2!

Year 2 had lots of fun during health week. We learnt all about how to stay healthy in both our minds and bodies, through yoga and exercise, healthy eating and how to use mindfulness techniques.

All of the children took part in different activities throughout the week, but one that they found particularly beneficial was role playing different scenarios with their friends and then working collaboratively as a class to solve feelings that may arise. We learnt how people react differently to the same things and explored techniques to help us deal with varying emotions.

'When I get angry, I can try taking deep breaths and sitting alone for 20 seconds.' - Thomas

'If I feel nervous or anxious my tummy can feel funny and I can tell an adult or talk to my friend.' - Lukas






No comments:

Post a Comment