Tuesday 24 January 2017

Ian Whybrow visit - Year 1

Today, Year 1 were lucky enough to have a visit from the well known author, Jon Whybrow. The children were very excited about this, as quite a few of the children have his books at home.

He read through two of his stories and the children joined in with actions, movements and sounds.

The final story he read was, 'Harry and the Robots'. Our very own Harry from Pine Class was chosen to act out the part of the broken robot.




After hearing the story of 'Harry and the Robots', the children wanted to make their own robots. Take a look at their great efforts below!




Paton: 'My robot is going to make me feel better if I ever get ill.'


Freddie: I want everyone to see my robot. It is going to live with me next to my bed- just like nan in the story!'

No comments:

Post a Comment