Tuesday 24 January 2017

Ian Whybrow visit - Year 2

The Year 2 children were lucky enough to have a visit from the famous author Ian Whybrow who has written many children's books such as: Harry and the Bucket Full of Dinosaurs and The Tickle Book. 

The children had the pleasure of hearing the story 'Harry and the Dinosaurs go to School' read by Ian himself. 

They were then able to ask Ian many questions about being an author. Ian gave the children advice on how to write their own book, how to choose the characters, setting and plot. He also opened the children's eyes to the team behind writing a story; you need an editor, an illustrator and a publisher.  He showed the children his draft book, with all the edited text, pictures and notes from his team members. The children got to see the whole journey of a book, from the first edit to the final printed edition.

"I really enjoyed learning about how to become an author, I've been writing lots of stories in class this week so I could be an author!" Roxy

"I think I would like to try writing a book now, I've got loads of ideas!" Laicey 



No comments:

Post a Comment