Friday 9 July 2021

Year One Learning- week 5

Week 5- Year One Learning 

Literacy 

This week in literacy, the children wrote a letter to the year 2 children. They were thrilled to hear that they had a pen pal in Year 2 that could answer all of their questions. We can't wait to receive their responses this week!


Next week in literacy, the children are going to be producing a 'best piece of writing' for their new teacher. This piece of writing will tell the teacher all about them. They can choose to write about their family, their likes and dislikes, who their friends are or their favourite subject! This work will then be used in their new classroom on the display board so when they arrive in September, their classroom will already look like theirs! 

Key Vocabulary: Likes, dislikes, favourite, all about me, friends, family, subject

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPM5FCnjIrw

Maths

This week in Maths, the children were continuing to consolidate their counting to, from and across 100. They completed lots of missing number sequences and counted in 1s, 2s, 5s and 10s. They also continued to practice using their hundred square to answer addition and subtraction problems. 

Next week in Maths, the children will be working on halving and doubling quantities. The children will spend some time outside collecting, counting and halving and doubling objects from nature. They will also be answering word problems and drawing pictures to support them working out the answer and then writing the corresponding number sentence. 

Key Vocabulary: Half, double, halving, doubling, counting, total. 

Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/z6bq6sg 

RSE

Last week in RSE we were thinking about how we (and our teachers!) have changed since we were babies. The children had great fun trying to guess which teacher the baby photos belonged to. We then thought about how much the children had changed and the differences between them now and them as babies.


Fariha: " When I was a baby I could not walk or talk!"


Evie: "When I was a baby I had short hair, now I have long hair."


Dhriti: " When I was a baby I could not eat, but I could drink milk."


Eason: "When I was a baby I could not run. But when I was 6 I could!"


Gabi: “My hair has got a bit lighter since I was a baby”


Georgia: “My hair has grown so much since I was a baby!”


Next week we will be learning about the physical differences between boys and girls. We will also be learning the names for our private parts and talking about keeping our private parts private.

 

Below is a song by the NSPCC. The 'Pant-o-saurus!' He can tell us more about keeping our private parts private. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lL07JOGU5o

 

Keywords: Male, Female, Vagina, Penis, Testicles, Breasts. 

Outside 

This week they children were practicing their hula-hooping skills. They were spinning it around their waist, neck and arms! 


The children also had lots of fun making and playing with slime and jelly. 



Have a fantastic weekend!
The Year One Team


No comments:

Post a Comment